RCA/Open Studio Fellowship Award
Submission Deadline: May 15
Submissions must be received by Open Studio by 11:59 pm EST (GMT -5) on May 15.
Open to all RCA members in good standing regardless of their proficiency in print. RCA members may apply annually. The successful recipient must wait at least 3 years between receipt and further applications.
The successful Fellowship recipient will receive the following:
- work with an Open Studio printer for up to 60 hours over a 3 month period between September through to the following June of the year the fellowship is offered, to facilitate and print an edition or suite. (size of edition and number of prints dependent on print process and time needed to facilitate; to be discussed between Fellowship recipient and Open Studio printer).
- access with Open Studio printer to all facilities at Open Studio.
- materials (ink and paper) up to $400 to be purchased through Open Studio unless approved otherwise (framing not included).
- opportunity to engage with the Open Studio community at the studio and gallery events and other programming print work to be included in the Open Studio Sales Programme upon completion of the edition for one year.
- National exposure through social media.
- CARFAC fees paid where appropriate – artist talks or open portfolio presentation.
The fellowship recipient will be required to:
- use the studio time with the printer to its fullest.
- present an artist talk with reception to discuss their project. This will be open to the general public.
- provide the studio with 2 proofs from each edition printed during the Fellowship period: 1 print to be held in the Open Studio Archives and 1 proof to the printer (standard practice).
- provide a further 5 fundraising proofs: 2 for Open Studio, 3 for RCA.
Submissions will be juried and notification sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition. No telephone or email inquiries, please. The Selection Committee is comprised of 4-5 jurors as follows:
- A member of Open Studio’s Programming Committee
- An Open Studio artist (member or renter)
- A member of the RCA
Open Studio’s Technical Director attends this meeting but does not vote.
For our general eligibility guidelines, please click here.